View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 07:02 PM   #3327
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
The context isn’t in question, unless you mean to use a different word.

Press Progress has a reputation for accurate, factual reporting, that includes context, which is fully linked to accurate reporting.

They also have a left-bias. In this situation, the main concerns with that are the heavy focus on one side of the isle. So, if you only looked at Press Progress, you would come out thinking the left rarely does anything wrong and the right does plenty. This is not true, BUT, it’s important not to discount the fact that what they report is accurate.

Where you need to be concerned is when media outlets are reporting lies and misinformation, including spinning one thing to mean something else entirely. Press Progress does not do this (if you think otherwise, be my guest and show the stuff, but they get pretty consistent good grades for fact checking).

Otherwise, if you discount factual information because you don’t like what it has to say or don’t like that the outlet seems to unfairly focus on one side, then you’re just entering “fake news!” territory.
Has press progress published the whole conversations or just a part of it? Everything I’ve read indicates it’s just a part of it.

As for your last point: there lots to focus on the NDP about being anti oil and gas. But if I only reference those things it doesn’t tell the whole story (maybe bad example). But anything that doesn’t publish full unedited conversations needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Last edited by Weitz; 03-20-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote