View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #2093
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hamilton is easily the best player in the deal. But there's so much more then stats at play when this trade occurred. Anyone who follows the Flames knew that a shift in culture was needed. Something needed to be done to shakeup that dressing room. The team under-performed to a large extent and bringing back the same crew wasn't going to solve anything.

I haven't read the article, but I'm going to assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that the locker room situation or 'give a crap meter' wasn't addressed in the write up. Hamilton is a great player. But it is universally known among followers of the team that the Flames needed players who hate to lose and will give it their all to win. Hamilton puts up points. But he doesn't have that extra gear that you need when the going gets tough. I'll actually probably miss Ferland more, because he has shown to have that extra gear and can play playoff-style hockey.

Whether Hanafin or Lindholm have that extra gear and hate to lose mentality remains to be seen. I really haven't watched them play all that much. But I'm certain BT recognised something was missing in the locker room and that he's certain these new guys will have it.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote