Thread: [GDT] Flames @ Wild - 6:00 MST
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #22
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
For me as a fan the Versteeg angle is what frustrates me to no end and I’m sure others to an extent.

Versteeg was meh on the PP in my opinion.. and more often than not, he either made a weak shot, poor pass, or just simply underwhelming in general.

With that level of play the Flames were very good on the PP?... The fact that the coaching has failed to find a replacement within the room to fill that void is really disappointing. It’s not like the PP was structured around Versteeg.. was it? I hope not.. it tells me, and I’m sure you’ll correct me if I’m wrong, but it says the PP structure is wrong and needs to be revamped. The only adjustment I see is that they put Brouwer and Ferly on the PP(Ferly I love on the PP), and they went to a down low overload type setup rather than an umbrella type funnel everything to the net off Johnny an Versteeg’s shots. Either system does not scream deadly nor give confidence for what they will need come the spring.

It’s sadly familiar to last season, no? PP struggled through the first 2 months, picked up some steam for a couple months and people stopped criticizing the structure and then the Playoffs roll around and the PP suddenly sucks again.

I just don’t like the PP and the implementation of personnel. And if Versteeg was such a huge factor in the PP’s success, it shouldn’t be too hard to find someone with some puck skill who can maintain control of the puck and get some floaters to the net..

Yeah not sure what you’re talking about here. Versteeg has great hands in tight and can get creative with the puck. He’s probably got the best hands on the team after Johnny. He made lots of nifty little plays on the PP to keep the play alive.

Also our power play was phenomenal in both the back half of last year and in the playoffs.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote