View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #33
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Panorama Hills (when I'm in Calgary).

Depending on what part, you could potentially have planes on the final approach flying relatively close to the house, that could get loud. Also, some places you are close to Country Hills Blvd, which means traffic noise. I believe this is phase II that I'm living in.

If you were to move further into Panorama Hills (Places like Panamount) That's where it's really great. Like everyone already said, close to some amenities like Cardel Place, Superstore, Theater, Canadian Tire, etc...

Easy and simple access to Major Roads like Country Hills Blvd, Harvest Hills Blvd, Stoney Trail and you're about a 5 minute drive before to get onto Deerfoot. (Either through Country Hills Blvd or Beddington Blvd).

Two schools are up now, one Catholic and one Public, both Elementary I believe. Junior High, the designated school is St. Elizabeth Seton in Hidden Valley. Designated HS is Notre Dame, which is directly beside Cardel Place (but Lacombe is an option if you/your kids want IB)

Overall, if you can stand the noise in some places in Panorama, I think it's a pretty good community. If you live further into Panorama, the newer part of Panorama, it's going to be pretty quiet. While maintaing the easy access and everything.
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote