View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #31
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Getting around Anderson on Deerfoot is easy (Barlow --> Shephard --> Glenmore), and I can't remember the last time the Calf Robe bottlenecked for anything other than a crash. Coming from the north though, you get backed up anywhere between Beddington and Airport trail, and crawl all the way to Memorial or 16th, depending on when you get off. And you've never driven MacLeod in the morning if you think the lights slow you down any.

Driven both ways many times, and yes, driving from the north is pathetic.
I go from Coventry Hills to downtown every morning. Before my wife went on maternity, we would drive together. She would drop me off at centre street and 16th ave. I would catch the bus downtown and she would drive to work (near Deerfoot on 16th ave). We could leave our house at 6:40 and she would be at work by 7:00 on most mornings.

Unless there was an accident or the weather was exceptionally bad, we could routinely make the commute in 20 minutes or less. Of course, it could have as much to do with the time of day we traveled than anything else. Those inexplicable bottlenecks you describe do exist even at that hour though.

Last edited by fredr123; 08-25-2009 at 08:26 AM.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredr123 For This Useful Post: