View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #45
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought the first 3 episodes were perfect. An episode for huey to stretch his wings ( and fall flat on its face) and an episode that explores the world of Vaught does a lot for character and world-building, which is really needed to elevate this show above the typical superhero schlock Fest. The third episode provided the big action we all tune in for, and because of the work done in the previous episodes, the action scenes were also able to develop the characters and plot instead of just being eye candy.

Gus Fring and stormfront are great additions, they really needed an unflinching face for Vought and stormfront is such a wildcard I cant wait to see where they go with her. They probably weren't thinking there would be 3+ months of race riots in Portland when they decided to make the super "woke" Portlander also a murderous racist. I thought they were done with The Deep but now hes becoming on of the most intriguing characters.

I loved the first season, but it was an unpolished gem in a lot of ways, now with a bigger budget and more polish, they look to be on course to realize their potential this season and for many seasons
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post: