View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #56
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man...I'm on the road working and intended to use the nights in a hotel, away from the wife and kids, to be productive but binge watched this thing last night and finished today. Oh well.

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Well worth the cost and I found myself laughing way more than I anticipated. I've watched the original Karate Kid more than any other movie, ever. I usually stream movies and stuff through Kodi or in whatever way is free but was actually ok throwing some money at this one and paid for all 8 episodes. It's given me dozens and dozens of hours and 30 years worth of memories, so I felt it was the right thing to do.
William Zabka stole the show for me on this one. Just a great character to root for and his unpolitical correctness had me in stitches.
The stuff they incorporate from old into new was super cool - The kids going for a date at Golf n Stuff, the skeleton costume, even the small stuff like the fist pump between Diaz and Hawk before the semi final match. As a hardcore fan, I loved all that stuff.
Super happy they brought back lots of the old music too from the original.
There was definitely some super cheesy stuff. I thought Daniel teaching the kids wax on wax off was dumb.
Was hoping for more guest appearances from the old cast though. Maybe next season.
When Johnny was at the Diaz house, I pissed myself at the "In English, we call them (plantains) bananas. Pure gold.
I dunno....I didn't absolutely love it, and am not sure if non-fans would actually enjoy it, but I'm a total sucker for the original.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote