Thread: Pizza
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #40
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
If anything it gets too hot. Several times I've totally burned the bottom before the top gets too far past the melting stage. Bit of a trial and error exercise. For that reason it won't work if you make thick pizzas with tons of toppings. If you go more classic and basic though, it's great.
I use by Big Green Egg to cook pizzas. It is charcoal so you get that smoke flavor built right in. Just amazing pizza, but like steak (which has a hickory flavor off the grill, gives it a bacon taste) has ruined my ordering at fancy restaurants. Now if I order pizza, I just end up thinking it is expensive and no where near as good.

I also don't cook at high heat. I like toppings on my pizza and a medium crust. I end up cooking at about 475, and it ends up perfect. I get my dough and ingredients from Lina's. It's not junk food, as we make vegetarian pizza (ex: pear and Gorgonzola) that is amazing.

Man I love pizza, make it once a week, and my toddler son helps make his own cheese pizza. Really fun experience.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post: