View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 09:41 AM   #37
Claeren
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have really gotten on the Scotch/Whisky/Whiskey thing (in moderation of course) the last couple years (v. beer or even my old stand-by of wine).

I really tried and tried to like the Scotch and/or Rye Whisky (Canadian) out there but I keep coming back to the Bourbon Whiskey (American), which I just enjoy soo much.

I find the Bourbon has sweeter undertones, without being overly sweet, and is just more enjoyable to drink especially with food.

Jack Daniels is the easiest to get at a good price of course but I REALLY like the Knob Creek (soooo good!), a small batch specialty Bourbon from Jim Beam as well as the Makers Mark -- another nice small batch Bourdon.

The one Scotch I really like is the MaCallan that has been mentioned a number of times. I really like their 'Oak Series' though which is funny because it is a newer thing (post-2004?) where they are using used imported Bourbon barrels for the aging.... so I am back to the Bourbon undertones despite it being real Scotch!

A friend and I were at Moxies (Market Mall) the other day and we ordered the 12yr McCallan they had on the menu ($6-something/glass) and enjoyed 2 rounds (4 total drinks). Then the bill comes and it is $100! Turns out their new drink menu had 12yr on the menu but they only had 21 year in the back and on the computer! So despite it not even being on the menu we managed to drink $100 worth of scotch for the then corrected priced of ~$24!! The best part is that we did notice that it was FANTASTIC Scotch for only $6/glass! hahaha, no kidding!

Number 1:

Number 2:

Number 3:

Claeren.
Claeren is offline   Reply With Quote