View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #78
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
That sounds like an amazing finish. Why wasn't Pakistan more aggressive though? 4 runs an over isn't totally ridiculous. Serves them right for going for the draw and losing anyways.

Also, Australia and New Zealand will be starting a one day series on Sunday with games in Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne. If the Kiwis sweep the series they will replace Australia as the #1 ODI side.

I'm not sure what the Aussie schedulers were thinking though putting a ODI series in between the South Africa and Pakistan tests. We will see if that backfires on them. Also, the Australians will be going red ball -> pink ball -> white ball -> pink ball -> red ball which can't be that easy.
Pakistan had been batting some pretty low totals throughout the series, I don't think they got more than 250 in an innings so 359 was a big chase for them. Their openers did well for most of the day but once the floodgates opened...

I'm cautiously looking forward to the ODI series but have a feeling it's going to be a reality check for the kiwis much like their last game at the MCG. Hope I'm wrong.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote