View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 07:59 AM   #16
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynwa03 View Post
Even if this is true, what’s the reasoning?
The reasoning is to ensure that municipalities don't blow their brains out on operating expenses and ignore (or inadequately fund) long-term infrastructure, because (for example) they're focused on short-term re-election prospects. Human beings suck at long term planning and if they're not forced to, they won't do it. And then you've got a bigger problem when those chickens come home to roost. Plus, if the city can't look to other orders of government to fund its operating expenses, they're likely to be a bit more realistic about what they can afford. In theory, anyway.

I don't know if I'm in favour of using a capital budget on an arena, but I'm damn glad there is a capital budget... for one thing, the state of the roads around my place is a disaster.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: