View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #80
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went to Las Brisas in Huatulco. Not one for all inclusives but they are pretty fun for large groups. This place was really interesting. Three private beaches and the only vendor was a guy diving for oysters and abalone one day.

It's a place where Mexicans go for vacation so when we were there, in a room of 100 people 90 would be Mexican, 8 Canadian, and 2 would be American. I had some fun dusting off the ol' high school Spanish.

The food was fine for the most part. I stuck with local foods at buffets. We went to the Moroccan a la carte one night and I really did not want to go. Not only was it the best tagine I've ever had, it was the best lamb I've ever had.

The resort is an old Club Med but it has been really well cared for. It is huge in area with a ton gardens and walking paths and lots of space to wander through the hills and forest.

The town, La Crucecita is pretty safe and nice. It was Palm Sunday so it was quite the experience.

In short, I think I have found a Mexican resort without all of the things everybody hates about Mexican resorts. Would definitely go back.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote