View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #285
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Thanks for the above info. I still am not sure about a dayhome vs daycare. Seems like daycares are more regulated and run as a business with more staff, procedures etc. The daycares I've looked up all have websites with lots of info. Dayhomes seem less regulated and are also cheaper. And I never really considered using a nanny.

I would be interested to know if anyone has used both a dayhome and a daycare and which one they prefer (and why)
We used a day home.

I think interviewing is the key. My one issue with daycare is you have an owner taking money off the top and a low paid staff which may have high turnover (something to ask when interviewing a daycare about). By comparison a day home while not regulated has more stability in terms of the person actually raising your child. Most will have full vulnerable sector checks, first aid, and a variety of other certs.

The other drawback of Day homes is vacation time. Ask what holidays your day home will close for. Also if your day home operator is sick find out what the policy is.

The one we used was great a few blocks from our house and very stable. I would use it again without question.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote