View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #39
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
Also, if you're going to an all inclusive, prepare yourself to be surrounded by the worst, most disgusting people North America has to offer. I'd recommend the Mayan riviera or Playa del Carmen for an AI - weather should be good in November, it's not as crazy as Cancun but still easy to get to, and there are plenty of activities within a short drive.

I've stayed at a few all inclusives and I get the ease of going that route, but I much prefer staying at a local hotel and eating at the restaurants in town. The food is far better, you actually get to experience a great culture, and the price generally works out to be the same or cheaper. Tulum, Sayulita, and Puerto Escondido are all great spots for this.
October and November is prime hurricane season in the Mayan Riviera is it not? I've always avoided that area from September to the end of November for that very reason. Nothing will likely happen, but I can't imagine being stuck in that humidity with no power or access to the outside world for days so I usually go to the Pacific side during those months if I am going.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote