Old 06-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #39
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I've seen that a lot.

Without knowing the specifics I can address this issue:

- The Coach's kid being the best player always, always sucks. There are typical reasons for this and you're not going to like them.

The kid is likely too good for that level of play but the Dad isnt good enough to coach a higher level, but the kid and the Dad have to be together otherwise the Dad isnt going to coach (which is likely needed) and the kid isnt going to play ($$).

One of the things that I got to experience is something that most Volunteer coaches dont get to, I get the impression that CaptainCrunch is the same way, but I dont know about you, but I was a 'Non-Parent Volunteer.'

No favourites.
I don't think this guy had ever coached before in his life. At least, it sure appeared that way. We never received any communication from him after the initial introduction. The first time he didn't show up, the assistant coach had no clue he wasn't coming. Luckily, he had the soccer balls so we weren't totally screwed. The he missed a few more. Then we just got used to him not being there.

The parents of the kids on this team were also strange. It's u-12, so they should be sticking around still. There were maybe 3 parents there. The rest would just drop them off.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote