Old 06-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #38
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I've seen that a lot.

Without knowing the specifics I can address this issue:

- The Coach's kid being the best player always, always sucks. There are typical reasons for this and you're not going to like them.

The kid is likely too good for that level of play but the Dad isnt good enough to coach a higher level, but the kid and the Dad have to be together otherwise the Dad isnt going to coach (which is likely needed) and the kid isnt going to play ($$).

One of the things that I got to experience is something that most Volunteer coaches dont get to, I get the impression that CaptainCrunch is the same way, but I dont know about you, but I was a 'Non-Parent Volunteer.'

No favourites.
I'm a non parent volunteer, and we don't have a lot of parent coaches because they're not as committed long term to the program (my kids done, I'm out of here).

We want to be able to honestly coach and evaluate all of the kids and have the same level of communication, sometimes that's tough with parent coaches.

Not saying we don't use them, but they have to pass the smell test of coaching, have the required certifications and be able to work with all the coaches.

What we do have that I like is that we encourage I guess what you'd call junior coaches, which are former players that maybe aren't moving on in play level, or have the whole accumulated injury thing, and we encourage them to come out and work with the position coaches. they can pass on their knowledge, it helps them stay in touch with the game and keeps them busy. And it crazy developes coaches.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote