View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 09:06 AM   #30
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
My son's team wasn't playing very well early in the season. I just couldn't motivate them. Goofing off at practice, not listening etc... Took a page out of the Atom hockey play book (golden jersey from McDonald's) and created the "golden boot". Bought some cheap shoes, sprayed them gold. After each game I give one to the "best" offense player and one to the best defensive player. Made a world of difference. Some times it the small things that work.
Team Trophies work, theres a reason every hockey team has one.

I've had a few, I started with a soccer ball that everyone signed and you got to keep it until the next game, I've used one of those stupid bowling trophies they give you on your birthday, a Calgary Flames car flag (I needed something so I rummaged through my car, it was that or jumper cables), I tend to find that the more ridiculous the trophy the more prestigious it is to have earned it.

Granted, thats with teenage boys, they're insane.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: