View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 09:05 PM   #392
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I hope this Saturn V set has a bigger production run and being sold out now isn't an indication it'll be sold out forever, just that production as of now can't meet demand.

I feel like they've been getting a bit better at not shorting runs just to please scalpers but it's that uncertainty that helps drive demand. If Lego would just come out and say they'll produce until it stops selling, then people who actually want to own these would buy, not just scummy scalpers who put them straight on eBay.

They definitely should open up some legacy sets for production. It's frustrating that it seems as though they are catering to scalpers and intentionally squeezing supply to drive up short term demand. Everyone knows they'll underproduce which leads people to buying 5 or 10 sets at a time.

I would literally give them hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars but they won't let me because they don't want to anger a bunch of scalpers who bought up all the supply to screw me over. They are for sure enabling this type of behaviour. It sucks.
They do it because the scarcity makes people buy now, and buy more. Less people would rush down and buy a $100+ building toy on release day if they knew they could get it later, and some of them wouldn't end up buying it. If they had 75 of those rockets in the Calgary store, plus online, they are making thousands of these. It's silly, and if they are making thousands eventually this will collapse.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote