Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 11:16 PM   #2195
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Played Nanton on Sunday with Dion. VIP rate is $25 walking (which we probably should have done, but a few too many beer on Saturday night meant we coughed up the $38 for a cart).

Greens are superb and as advertised, probably could roll them and lower the mowers a bit, but I think they are protecting them for the summer. For a rural, public course I noticed next to no ball marks. For how soft the greens are, I expected plenty. Nice to see that the members/golfing public are fixing them.

Not sure how much irrigation they have on the course aside from tees and greens and think that's reflective of the patchy fairways. Rest of the course is as expected, found the fairways to be uneven and inconsistent, but the bunkers are nice and firm and if I had to find a complaint the sand was so-so, with a fair amount of stones.

This course features on of my biggest pet peeves, shaggy tee boxes!! Dion would know better but they looked like they haven't been cut in over a month. This is by far one of the easiest things on the course to maintain, yet so often forgotten about.
Not sure why the tee boxes were so shaggy, they get cut on a regular basis. It doesn't help that the greens crew have the weekends off. Staff levels were paired down to help reduce costs.

Irrigation has always been poor on the course. They also do a poor job of patching up the bald spots on the fairway and some of the tee boxes. We've had the same greens superintendent for far too long and we need some fresh blood and ideas.

Us members have complained for years about the stones in the sand traps but nothing ever gets done. We have one guy that maintains them but never does anything about sifting out all the stones.

I'm surprised you didn't complain about all the putts that rimmed the edge of hole. You had far to many.

Enjoyed golfing with you and your friend Trevor