Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #2194
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Nanton on Sunday with Dion. VIP rate is $25 walking (which we probably should have done, but a few too many beer on Saturday night meant we coughed up the $38 for a cart).

Greens are superb and as advertised, probably could roll them and lower the mowers a bit, but I think they are protecting them for the summer. For a rural, public course I noticed next to no ball marks. For how soft the greens are, I expected plenty. Nice to see that the members/golfing public are fixing them.

Not sure how much irrigation they have on the course aside from tees and greens and think that's reflective of the patchy fairways. Rest of the course is as expected, found the fairways to be uneven and inconsistent, but the bunkers are nice and firm and if I had to find a complaint the sand was so-so, with a fair amount of stones.

This course features on of my biggest pet peeves, shaggy tee boxes!! Dion would know better but they looked like they haven't been cut in over a month. This is by far one of the easiest things on the course to maintain, yet so often forgotten about.