View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 09:37 AM   #300
Imported_Aussie
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Might be the last All-Star weekend Siakam isn't there for a while. Just goes to show you that while tanking is certainly one approach to winning, you could definitely build a championship team without any top lottery picks (like the Raptors current roster looks like, although context obviously). The scary thing for Siakam is he's still relatively green to the game. In two or three more years he might not just be Giannis-lite, he might be damn close to the real thing.
I see Siakam topping out in that tier below elite. I don't think he will be the guy who takes over games regularly, like Davis, Giannis, Durant, George, Kawhi, LeBron, etc. However I do see him as that next level, a plus defender who can contribute offence with the occasional big night. That being said, at the rate he has been developing, if he can improve his handles and offensive BBIQ he could be a really special player.
Given his athleticism and ability to pass, he is a great player to build a lineup around - you do not need to worry as much where he will fit. He can shoot corner 3s, or pass to shooters off penetrating drives, or drive to the rim. He also does not need to be fed touches in ISO, which helps his team.
Imported_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote