View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 05:52 PM   #39
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Treliving has been all over the flavour of the month type players over the years - ie: Hamonic, Hamilton, Neal. It's in his blood to be in the conversations for these guys. So far there haven't been any names out there that fit the bill, but with the deadline coming around you know there will be that one player who the media will jump on and he'll become the inflated price player everyone talks about. I hope whomever it is, Treliving stays away.

Personally, I'm overall happy with Treliving as GM. He's generally not fallen in love with anything he's done, is willing to ship out mistakes, but he has fallen into some traps (ie: the Lucic trade). Overall, I want him to stay as GM, though what I want to see more of is player communication to genuinely get the best of his players. The Neal situation was alarming, and the Johnny one has as well, and personally that resides on upper management. Whatever Johnny's problems are should be addressed in the form of a good sit down to help him out because something isn't sitting well there, and I think if he's among your main guys going forward, you genuinely have to talk and mentor him through whatever his challenge is. It takes an ego check but something has to be worked out with him.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote