Thread: [PGT] Chicago 5 - Calgary 3
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 02:43 PM   #241
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Agree to disagree. We're not a two man team. If Gaudreau is traded there will be value coming back. The Flames are extremely deep in young defensemen that will replace Giordano in time.

Sky ain't falling for me. Sorry pessimists, we just don't have the same view of the Flames. The Flames are an inconsistent deep team that has a wealth of assets in terms of valuable NHL players including young valuable players with good contracts, draft picks and some prospects.

They can compete for years to come potentially. Why even be a fan if you think their chance is 0 after the rebuild? Seems ridiculous. That's not realism, that's pessimism. Why be pessimistic about something you're cheering for? Seems painful.
The truth, as almost always, is somewhere in the middle... The Flames are probably right in that sweet, sweet 13-18 slot. Some decent young players, some stars, some players on the upswing, some players on the downswing. Nothing special, pretty thin prospect base. I expect this team to be "average" for the foreseeable future. What I do think is that last year was seemingly the sweet spot. Peak Giordano, peak Backlund, some good cheap, young players, seemingly good chemistry (at least until the AS break). Needed some help to push it over the top. Didn't happen and I think now we need major surgery to get back to "serious contender" status, which may be very, very hard.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post: