View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #54
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
There's a policy in place for situations like this. The officer failed to follow that policy. That failure alone seems like cause for disciplinary action. As noted, it wasn't a split second decision - he had plenty of time to re-think this and consider whether or not there was something else he should be doing. Doesn't reflect particularly good judgment, and in this case, he caused a bunch of suffering that wasn't necessary. If you're his supervisor, how are you not questioning his ability to do the job?
Likely, but I have not seen that policy reported in the news, if there is one I would be interested in seeing the link.

It does seem like a poor decision by the officer but keep in mind the procedure when police fire their weapon - I believe it is a pretty thorough investigation and maybe in the back of his mind he was thinking of all the BS that was going to happen if he did.

Years ago my brother came upon an accident in northern BC where a vehicle had struck and injured a moose, the RCMP officer who attended would not shoot it either.

I'll leave this post with the following link to an incident in BC about 15 years ago. Different animal and different situation but it does show that things do not always go as planned when you decide to shoot an animal in public.

https://thetyee.ca/Views/2004/08/11/Bear/
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote