View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #54
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
Did Hellebuyck have a great year though? He had a .907 sv% & 2.89 GAA the previous year to his Vezina like season.

Rittich sported a .904 sv% and a 2.92 GAA last season and is now having a similar ascension that Hellebuyck had last season. He’s sitting around the top 10 in sv% among starters and if the season ended today, he might be top 5 in Vezina voting or possibly even top 3 depending on who you ask.

I was hoping the Flames could get him at $3.xx as soon the year changed over, but I’m not sure he or his agent will want to sign for so cheap now. I’d even take $4.5M, but I don’t think the Flames can afford to wait till the offseason because it might in the 5’s or 6’s which is just too much for our cap situation next season.
If Treliving calls Rittich's agent now, Treliving looks like he is a little desperate to get a quick signing, especially since I can't remember a mid season deal by Treliving. If he waits like normal he's giving a "business as usual vibe".

Plus, it's been only a half year. Just a little before this time last year I bet there were people asking for a Mike Smith re-signing as well.

I'd be shocked if Rittich gets 5 or 6, even after a great year.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote