View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #52
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I would be surprised if Rittich gets more than a 3 year deal and $4.5m/yr after only one good season. Hellebuck had a couple of good seasons before his contract. The Flames don't have the cap space to pay him more than that. I think Rittich will be reasonable with his contract demands. I don't believe he would be willing to miss a season or just sign a one year deal. Way to risky for him after only having the one good season.
Did Hellebuyck have a great year though? He had a .907 sv% & 2.89 GAA the previous year to his Vezina like season.

Rittich sported a .904 sv% and a 2.92 GAA last season and is now having a similar ascension that Hellebuyck had last season. He’s sitting around the top 10 in sv% among starters and if the season ended today, he might be top 5 in Vezina voting or possibly even top 3 depending on who you ask.

I was hoping the Flames could get him at $3.xx as soon the year changed over, but I’m not sure he or his agent will want to sign for so cheap now. I’d even take $4.5M, but I don’t think the Flames can afford to wait till the offseason because it might in the 5’s or 6’s which is just too much for our cap situation next season.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote