View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #21
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
We mite be thanking the Oilers as well. From what I've seen so far, Tkachuk is a better nhler today than Puljujarvi. That could change very easily but for now it looks that way.
Puljujärvi was the consensus #3 pick. I know everyone here was bummed when the Blue Jackets picked Dubois and the Flames could not do a trade up, and him landing in the Oilers hands.

We will never truly know if Treliving was truthful in saying that Tkachuk was going to be their pick all along, I highly doubt it.

if Tkachuk end up being the better player years down the road all the better for us.

Now compare this to what the Canucks did. Whether he plays to his potential or not, Juolevi wasn't even the consensus top Defenseman in the draft.

It's also made worse for the Canucks in that Chychrun is already in the Coyotes' Top 4.

Not like Tkachuk would have made a difference for them, but Tkachuk has more points than anyone else on the Canucks. The Canucks needed a young offensive Defenceman, but they kind of need everything except a goalie as can be seen by their goal scoring issues.

Their picking for need instead of BPA has already cost them Nylander in favour of Virtanen, and it may come back to bite them in the butt with this year's pick.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post: