View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 09:34 AM   #2899
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
This is a big addition (no pun intended) to the roster. He brings a wealth of experience for the younger guys, and has the chops to play multiple roles (in-ring, commentator, backstage).

Gotta say though, there is some serious WCW vibes going on here (based in SE US, Cody Rhodes is a VP, and the personnel is peppered with former WCW guys like Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, Sting, Chris Jericho, Tony Schiavone, The Giant, even Dustin Runnels, Tully Blanchard and Jake Roberts from the early 90's days - not to mention another Pillman on the roster).
Looks like he's starting off as a commentator on a new YouTube show.

To be fair, everyone of those guys was in WWE as well, but I get what you're saying. I think the problem with WCW was the booking and just them trying to beat what WWE was doing at the time, so they threw whatever they had at the wall hoping it would stick.

I know people are going to crap all over this, but why wouldn't you hire a guy with the kind of experience Wight has? As long as he's not main eventing week after week and squashing guys, then why not get a bit more main stream exposure by having him around?
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote