View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #2046
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Speaking of riding near dusk, I find myself doing this more often with the temp at 30 degree recently. Usually coming back home at around 10:30 -11:00 when everything has gotten dark

Could anyone give me some advice on what are some night riding etiquette or equipment I should have, like a light or reflector? The last time I did this, a hobo near memorial called on me thinking I was a buddy of his. I'm mostly on pathways
The bylaw in Calgary calls for both front and rear lights.

Just please don't use the front blinker, and if you have to make sure it's pointed down so as not to blind other riders.

I'd recommend the Bontrager Ion's which is rated for day use, is bright enough to get you home and has a random flasher mode for the rear light that works surprisingly well to grab a car's attention. https://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en_CA/e...t-set/p/14259/

You can also get USB charger ones at MEC that aren't bad at just about any pricepoint.

Lastly, if your lights aren't screwed to the frame (and you'll find many aren't for ease of charging) make sure to remove them when locking up outside. Thieves walk off with lights all the time.

Last edited by Flames0910; 08-06-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post: