View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 05:13 PM   #29
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Had a junkie a few weeks ago, while downtown, say to me "if it were 25 years ago I would have punched your lights out". I did nothing to provoke this threat from him, I was just walking down the sidewalk.

How brazen they have become has completely exploded since covid, and it appears all of the enabling we have done recently isn't working. I'm honestly not sure if the answer is to do more for them, or do less.
Was just talking to people about this recently. Yeah I live downtown - well kinda; Beltline - I've been saying this as well. I don't mean simply seeing them, that's kinda normal. More about how aggressive and confrontational they're becoming. If you're with someone you pretty much can't laugh anywhere around them or they automatically assume you're laughing AT them and get all up in your face yelling and trying to start something. It's so insane. Same thing when I'm in Edmonton too.

I travel a fair bit, I've never experienced this anywhere but in Alberta. Anywhere else they just look sad, you feel bad for them. It's the wild west over here apparently, always ready to rumble. It's bonkers, I don't get it. Getting pretty sick of it to be honest, worried it's gonna boil over one of these days, especially if I'm lubricated on 17th and start running my mouth back at em. Who knows what they have on them..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote