View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 04:50 PM   #23
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Hey, sorry, but do you have any actual ideas?
Just the typical bullsh-t aimed at anyone who dares to take issue with drug-addicted vagrants making life miserable for the rest of us. Clearly you're just a heartless f--k like me.

CBC wrote an article on Calgary Transit becoming a nightmare:

Quote:
In response to: I saw three overdoses on one CTrain ride. How about you?

"Several harm reduction advocates and journalists criticized CBC for being surprised and for not having the reporter carry Narcan, a nasal spray version of the opioid antidote naloxone, saying she should expect to see an overdose on transit and be prepared to reverse it herself."

Source: What we heard: Vomit, drug use and harassment scare riders from CTrain. But could a crackdown cost lives?
I said this elsewhere: I thought I did my part by, y'know, not becoming dependent on substances myself, voting for politicians who are compassionate to these types of social issues, and paying my taxes so that the government can run programs to help these people.

If -- despite all this -- I'm expected to still put up with this sh-t and be the guy administering the f--king anti-OD drugs, sorry, the line in the sand has been drawn. The public will eventually grow weary of being told we're not doing enough when the people being paid to do something are doing nothing. The "indifference disguised as compassion" from governments needs to stop.

I want these people to get help. This is not an entirely altruistic desire, because if they get help then my quality of life will improve too because as it stands, they're making it worse.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: