View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #749
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I used to read on CP about people who loved their jobs and think they were delusional or liars. Or blinded by money.

Well, I love my job. Not win the lottery and keep working full time love but love nonetheless.

I had zero career aspirations until now. Hard not to feel like I wasted 10-15 good working years. Better late than never I guess.

I hated my old career so much that I impulsively quit and then took 7 months off to think about it and do some research. I can’t believe it worked out so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
This post rules. I'm in a similar position now. Grinded through a bunch of pretty good but not super exciting rules and just recently landed my dream job. It is a joy to go to work now.
Joining the humble brag team. Same for me! I worked at a job I enjoyed for the most part, for the past ~13 years. Learned a lot, but near the end it was a grind. I knew if I stuck around it was going to drive me crazy. I handle stress pretty well, but I could see it coming a mile away that it was time for a change or my mental health was going to regret it. I also started working for a new boss that to put it bluntly, I didn't enjoy working for and I learned that within 2 weeks of him taking command it was going to get worse and worse unless I found something new.

Found a new position in my company and got to keep my seniority, vacation times and an increase in pay. I went from a job that I dreaded showing up to and kept me awake at night, to a much more relaxed and stress-free environment. All while having a new awesome boss that I enjoy working for.

I know I lucked out, but I'm also glad I took initiative to make it happen. I like coming to work now and really enjoy what I'm doing.

Good jobs you enjoy doing are definitely possible. Having a good boss also plays a big role. I feel really fortunate that everything lined up for me as it did.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: