View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #494
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Are you a Chinese national dissentower, or do you have some other stake in Huawei? It's just so odd that you're so ferociously defending them. Say you're right and they are completely private with zero government control (ya right), they're still paying millions in taxes to the government, so your money is still going to support a totalitarian regime running the largest concentration camps since the holocaust and trying to stamp out any attempt at democratic reform with an iron fist

If a North Korean company somehow came out with a killer phone and swore they had no ties to the government, would you buy it?
Not at all, I think the Chinese government is horrible. I just don't see Huawei as this evil company that wants to destroy the world, I like their phones and I think their tech is cutting edge. I think they will play a large part in development of better 5G technology as well and it would be nice if the tech sector for all countries worked well together for the betterment of humanity. What I don't like is Trump trying to use them as a bargaining chip for a better trade deal. If Huawei was such a threat there is no way he would have backed off on supplying them with parts. As far as the Chinese government goes I do not disagree with you one bit, terrible.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote