View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #35
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
I think we'll just have to be smart with the puck when we pass it back to the point and players that our defense will gain the skill to be responsible with it at the point since they will be part of the play. Firing it back when the defender is farily covered isn't going to make the defense job easy. But when do they get the puck they'll need to be aware and prepared to get rid of the puck quickly if pressure comes. If we can move the puck to the point and contorl it, thus making it part of our play style, it opens up the offensive zone for us completely instead of only working down low and trying to pass into the slot which teams can completely block out. With having defenders be part of the offense and taking shots or moving the puck around from and to the point, the offensive zone is open for us to set up space and open up good offense chances for each other. We will never be shut down offensively because we are being too one dimensional. Thats why I don't want point play to be just talk this year and actually something we utilze. I'm sure that our defensive players will be able to preform well enough. Besides, practice makes perfect even if we have troubles off the bat.
Right.

if you are only using the forwards in the o-zone, it is essentially playing 3-5. I am not sure how the endurance will work this year online, but a minute or two of sustained pressure, even if it means sending it back to the point just for it to be dumped back into the corner, could really be something to capitalize on, not to mention how easy it is to start running around and chasing the puck if you are the defenders.

Also, can't count how many tip ins, and rebound goals I have had go in off one of my point shots. I don't know how you guys set up your players, but if we had a designated Power Forward or two (Dear god keep kipper is king away from the front of the net! ) who parked in front for the screen, you can have an excellent set up on either side for the cross crease pass, or the deflections/garbage from the point.

I also faking the slapper, having the rushing forward go down, curling it around and firing it top cheese. This new game is going to be fun.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote