View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #34
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wow, seems like no one wants to play RD. Lucky me!

CP Name: Flash Walken
PSN ID: FlashWalken
Preferred League: Professional/NHL
Preferred Position: RD/LD, but prefer RD
Goaltender Eligible: Never, you don't want me in net. I am great outside the blue paint.

Re: the point.

I somewhat agree with what Dobbles is saying, and I do love jerking around with Chuckie about passing the pil, but really, when I am playing with Jobo, chuckie, koop etc, I don't really feel the need to call for passes much, i am more looking to not get burned and play safe defence.

That being said, I have a hell of a slap shot and like to think I am a valuable weapon back there, mostly because of my willingness to back off a bit and make the safe play. With the board work this year, I am really going to be looking to dump it into the corner if I don't have an immediate pass or shot.

Also, I bring a physical brand which put me at a detriment until I learned a more lidstrom style of play, but with the intimidation this year, I will have a whole new facet to explore in team play.

As always though, I am constantly looking for feedback on my play, and would actually like to go through a couple of tryout games, just to make sure I've still got it with the new pass function etc.

Finally, I think dobbles and I are dynamite together on the back end, going for the D to Do one-timer is great. I don't mind finishing the game pointless, but a +2.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote