View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #32
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieNZ View Post
Yes, but it goes both ways too. I know there were times when I was loathe to pass back to the point too, because the chances of a turnover/breakaway going the other way was too high. The best teams have arguably their best players on D for this reason. And trusting your team mates is another issue. To play a complete team game, there has to be a certain level of trust. I don't have that with some players, which probably contributes to the view that I am a selfish player.

I am interested to see how this two tier system will work, although there is a risk that nothing will change from this last year.
fair enough. and hopefully i didn't come off as calling out you specifically or anything (unlike cmpunk!) its just something i have noticed by a lot of forwards. its especially bad in community games because the forwards are super selfish and always think that driving the net is the best offensive move.

actually that kind of makes me think of the concept in general. because as someone thats usually the last out of the zone, i have seen so many plays in front of me that are going up ice where the forward always assumes the best option is to push 'up' as quickly as possible. but so many times passing laterally is a great option. or when exiting the zone, passing back to regroup is often a good move. heck when i play dynasty, i often pass behind the net to get some space because all the options are covered to get out of the zone. but it seems like online, people really push the play forward even when its not the best option.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote