View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
temple5
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Are there any online retailers for Software that are legit? How do you know?

I need to purchase some copies of Windows 7 Professional

Memory Express sells legit copies for $180. I get the product sticker that I can attach to each PC.

softwarekeep.ca sells the same software for $104, but the license key is sent via Email. How do I know I am not getting screwed and that the software will work in 5 years?

Does anyone have any experience with these online discount retailers? The more I read online, the more I think I should bite the bullet on the more expense version, but $80/license really can add up over a years budget.

Their online support is at best vague on details.
Quote:
ME: Hello, with Windows 7 professional license, is the license sticker shipped or is the key only emailed?
Sue: We will send your order via email. That email has the download link and the product key for activation.
ME: Is there a way to pay more and get the physical sticker shipped?
Sue: Yes You may add the USB software back up
ME: Ok, if I ordered 10 copies, would I need to order a USB stick for each copy to get the license sticker for all 10?
or just 1 usb stick?
I am ok downloading the software, just would prefer the license sticker as well
Sue: just 1
ME: Ok, so just to confirm, if I add just 1 usb stick, the the license stickers would then be shipped with the usb key?
Sue: We will send your order via email. That email has the download link and the product key for activation.
then we will send you the USB back up
ME: And inside the packaging for the USB would be the physical license stickers for the OS?
SUE has left the chat
Thanks

Last edited by temple5; 04-07-2017 at 09:28 AM.
temple5 is offline   Reply With Quote