View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So, I'm a little surprised that there isn't an active thread on this game. Had to go dig one up...

I bought it on a whim...it's only $15. I played a lot of CS back in the day (but never Source), so there is a lot of great nostalgia. It's nice to jump back into the same maps, and instantly know the strategy.

I find the game is really smooth. I get a great FPS, and it really feels like when I die, it was my own damn fault, and not just some random bullet spray. That's really important to get right.

Only complaint is that the map selection is a little poor right now. I've only played on official servers, so I'm sure there are lots of custom maps making the rounds. But for the official maps, currently there are : Aztec, Dust, Dust2, Inferno, Italy, Nuke, Office, Train. It would be nice to get more of the classics back.

There are two other modes: Arms Race and Demolition. Arms Race is a lot of fun. Every kill, your weapon is swapped out for the next in sequence. First one to get a kill with every weapon wins. Unfortunately, there are only 2 official maps for this mode. Demolition has a set sequence of guns with the same idea: every kill, you progress to the next gun. But this also has a bomb target objective, so it is very much a team game, but with this gun progression. I found it a little weird.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote