View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #87
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
We are coming up on replacing one of our current vehicles next year, and a PHEV is currently my front-runner. The details on the new Rav4 PHEV came out today . Looking objectively at our usage, this would be the car my wife would take to work most often. Given that she is 16 km round trip, I could get away with charging it every other night. But we could still use it for grocery trips etc on the weekend. I hate to say it, but the older I get and especially since we sold the family cabin I am just not pounding the miles on a vehicle like I used to. I have two cars and neither gets much more than 8000 km a year.

I will likely dip a toe into going full EV to replace my other car, and again I have a super short commute so I am thinking a used Leaf. My idea on having a shorter range EV is that I only go on longer trips a few times a year, so I can always rent a bigger IC vehicle when needed for less than the cost differential between a Leaf and something like a Tesla 3.

The Rav4 PHEV would probably be our next one as well, when it comes time. It works with our commute as well. We were recently having our maintenance done at Toyota and we decided to cruise around the new models and tried asking the sales guy about the PHEV models and he seemed completely disinterested in talking about them at all. Kept suggesting that the hybrids were good enough, and had no idea bout the upcoming Rav4 model. The Subaru might be another option, but some of the reviews don't look great - switching in and out of electric mode, less room in the back, etc.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote