View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #11
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I think pageants are progressive. It teaches beauty and confidence. The speaking part makes or breaks pageants more and more. The organizers are looking for a story, lots of girls come from nothing or abuse and compete to grow as a person. Especially form countries where women are still 2nd-class.

I'm biased though since I'm a pageant junkie.
I don't know what to make of beauty pageants as I don't watch them nor do I care about them. Some people are gifted with athletic skill and are able to parlay that into a lucrative professional sports career. Some people are gifted with smarts and are able to parlay that into a successful professional career. Some people are gifted with the ability to act or perform in front of audiences and are able to parlay that into a successful acting career. If a man or woman is gifted with natural beauty should they not be able to make the most out of that whether it be in pageants, modelling, etc? A lot of these pageant winners use it as a springboard to another career so I don't see the issue as long as there's an audience for it.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote