View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Thailand Trip Advice

So, I've pretty much made up my mind to go to Thailand from June 6th-20th. My primary reason is to check out the beaches as they're fantastic, as well as checking out the Full-Moon Party in Koh Phangan. I'm actually going solo, and would love to just meet other travelers while there. I have a travel agent getting back to me next week, and wouldn't want to rely on him for planning everything out, but with so little time between now and then I need to have a plan in place. Question's are as follows:

1) How long would you recommend I stay in Koh Phangan for? Any experiences on the full-moon party?
2) Safety. How safe is Thailand in general? Especially for a person going solo?
3) Lodging - any cheapo places under ~$35 per night which have a safe to keep my stuff during the daytime/night?
4) Any recommendations on any other islands I should go to when I'm down for the 2 weeks?
5) Transportation from BKK to Koh Phangan, along with other islands and getting back to BKK.
5) I'll probably stay in Bangkok for the day I arrive and the day before I depart. Anything interesting to see? Is shopping worth it?

I'll probably think of some more questions, but those will do for now I guess.

Thanks!
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote