View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #3381
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditty View Post
Appreciate the insight on Malonga. His body language on and off the pitch was sometimes negative but your post is a reminder that this doesn't mean the player isn't invested in the team nor unhappy.

I'm a bit torn on Malonga coming back. He's a class player in this league in terms of his touch and guile. And he obviously had a healthy goal return. But I found myself still wanting more from him. His work rate as a sole striker was sometimes lacking IMO and I thought he was often wasteful in front of goal. I wonder what kind of wages he was on. My thought was he must have been one of the higher earners on the team.
Malonga is the antithesis of Brown. Brown has all the speed and size in the world, but lacks a lot of finesse and finish. Malonga however does not expend energy to create a play so much as he gets to the right spot and finished up things nicely. Not only does Malonga have a nice touch, but he also has a hammer of a strike.

If you could combine both players strengths, they would be a big shot in Europe. I think in the CPL we will never find a complete player.

Even a guy like Borges could use some size, and some experience. My guess is that when he has the latter he will be gone from this league.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post: