View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #489
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ congrats on continuing your path in quad hockey - it is a tough shift back to community hockey for those that get released from minor midget.

last season my son had a miserable season as he was the last goalie cut from quad, made bantam 1 and was playing great - he then picked up a suspension for 4 games (blockered a player who was pushed onto him in the head), then while he was suspended he cracked a bone in his foot and tried to play thru it but it became too painful, so was then off for most of December then played wll in January, then on Feb 3 he hurt his knee and it ended his season. he was off the ice until mid june and from then on he was very focused on making the quad team.

He beat out two returning goalies and gave up no goals during his three half games in exhibition and two goals during a full pre-season game - where he put in one of the best periods I have ever seen him play.

Given the adversity he faced and his determination and focus I came away from the process very impressed with how he handled it all.

it will be a very interesting hockey season for him both as a person and an athlete.