View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 02:19 PM   #1882
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I'd be happier to see Gamecube games, personally. Similar to NES, most N64 games have aged terribly, and the ones that haven't we've seen multiple ports of or better iterations (Mario 64, Zelda games, Smash). Plus a big part of the "actually good" games are Rare IP owned by Microsoft now, so they'd have to work something out there.

Gamecube on the other hand, a lot of those games we've never seen ported, or enhanced, or even available at all past the initial release. Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario: TTYD, F-Zero GX, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin 1 and 2, Smash Bros. Melee, Star Fox Adventures... I'd love to give some of these a crack again but I'm not going to dig out my Gamecube and hook up a CRT TV somewhere in my house to do it.
If you have a PC with decent specs, check out Dolphin. It's got almost flawless compatibility with the entire Gamecube and Wii catalog. I just finished playing through Tony Hawk 3 on it and it was a blast. When you factor in upscaling to 1080p or even 4K resolution with anti-aliasing, it's even better than playing on actual hardware. And with the ability to map the Wiimote motion controls to a standard Xbox controller, it makes playing games like Mario Galaxy way more comfortable

Last edited by Hemi-Cuda; 09-07-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote