View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 11:41 AM   #220
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Hello all,

I've been away from CP for quite awhile and didn't want to see this thread pop up as it brings back bad memories!

Things did not work out. I was the main investor and we lost a 6-figure amount with renovation problems, bank loans, and landlord issues and the business partners did not cooperate well. The space was also way too large (rent was quite high) and after paying out the start-up issues we simply didn't have the capital to keep it well stocked and maintained so it was very empty feeling most of the time. I was in over my head and a lot of it was my fault. I also put my severance from my O&G job into it at the time but I'm sure that this is similar experience that many Albertans and small business folks have been suffering, especially more so now due to Covid-19!

From my own experience, I can really empathize with the hardships that many people are going through during the pandemic. It doesn't do well for your dignity to have to get on your knees to plead for understanding with your landlord. It is a terrible way to live, when you are in constant fear if you will have any customers or if you will be able to pay your bills.

I'm 100% certain that I'm retired from trying entrepreneurship now. I'm just going back to being a corporate office worker bee and loving it!

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 02-18-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 108 Users Say Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
81MC, aaronck, accord1999, Ace, agulati, Arbitor, bc-chris, bdubbs, Ben_in_Canada, Biff, Bill Bumface, bizaro86, Boblobla, brocoli, btimbit, Burninator, BurningYears, burn_this_city, calgarybornnraised, cam_wmh, Charcot, chemgear, Clever_Iggy, CMPunk, CofR, csnarpy, D as in David, darockwilder, DeluxeMoustache, Dion, DoubleF, DoubleK, DownhillGoat, DownInFlames, Erick Estrada, Fire, firebug, FireGilbert, FlamesPuck12, FLAMESRULE, FlamingHomer, FurnaceFace, Fuzz, Galakanokis, GirlySports, GreenHardHat, habernac, Harry Lime, HerbalTesla, I-Hate-Hulse, iggypop, Ironhorse, I_H8_Crawford, jayswin, Jbo, Jiri Hrdina, Joborule, Johnny Makarov, JohnnyB, Julio, ken0042, Kerplunk, KevanGuy, KootenayFlamesFan, krynski, KTrain, lambeburger, Locke, looooob, Luder, Machiavelli, Maritime Q-Scout, Max Cow Disease, mikephoen, monkeyman, mrkajz44, Muta, nfotiu, Nyah, psyang, puckedoff, rayne008, Red Ice Player, red sky, redflamesfan08, redforever, Regular_John, RoadGame, Roast Beef, Roger, rubecube, Scorch, Scroopy Noopers, sevenarms, Slava, Sliver, SportsJunky, STeeLy, TheScorpion, Thor, Titan2, TorqueDog, tvp2003, undercoverbrother, WhiteTiger, Wormius, wwkayaker, Zarley