View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 07:46 PM   #2696
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I think the defensive shortcomings of Bo are overstated as he has been totally fine defensively this year. However I do think there is a bit of a disconnect between the team going towards improving their overall D but at the same time having no permanent option at 2nd base, Kirk who is a defensive liability and Vlad who can be a bit of an adventure at 1st. Basically Matt Chapman is the only stud on D on the infield.

Regarding our prospects: I think even when you look at the prospects dealt (Martin, Woods-Richardson, Moreno, Groshans) all at one point highly rated, really with the exception of Moreno, the others have not really had any impact at the major league level, and you're starting to see the rest of our prospect pool put up very pedestrian numbers. Espinal had a very good first half to last year and hasn't been great since, Kirk the same, Biggio is not an MLB hitter.

I think Atkins talking about waves of prospects, being hellbent on having a left handed hitter and dealing away way too much to get a not very good one, and the team all of sudden being very old in key areas, he will be toast at the end of the season.

Last edited by flames_fan_down_under; 05-25-2023 at 07:48 PM.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post: