View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 06:08 PM   #38
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Whats everyone's best ride they've ever had? My favourite was on my old ninja which I rode to Penticton one year. I had the entire Mara Lake portion of highway 97 to myself, tight corners, lakeside, and the wonderful smell of forest the entire way. 2nd would be the needles highway in south Dakota, hoodoos everywhere, roads carved into the mountainside and dozens of switchbacks with a foothills setting.
I did Calgary to San Fran and back in 8 days on the GSXR, down the coast and back up more inland but through amazing areas like Lake Tahoe and Reno and stuff. Was a blast of a ride! 6700km total, 1.5 sets of tires, found some amazing tight roads, tons of crazy shenanigans and experiences. I was the only one who made it back on 2 wheels, running on 3 cylinders because if a toasted coilpack in the pouring rain because I had to bail a day early for work, my buddies rented a van in Lewiston and loaded up and drove back due to that weather and party/ride fatigue.

One of my favorite roads that I'd visited a few times over the years was called Yaak River Rd, basically from Eureka to Yaak. It's about 65miles of 25-25mph twisties in the mountains of near perfect pavement due to hardly being driven.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk