Thread: Pizza
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #63
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
I use by Big Green Egg to cook pizzas. It is charcoal so you get that smoke flavor built right in. Just amazing pizza, but like steak (which has a hickory flavor off the grill, gives it a bacon taste) has ruined my ordering at fancy restaurants. Now if I order pizza, I just end up thinking it is expensive and no where near as good.

I also don't cook at high heat. I like toppings on my pizza and a medium crust. I end up cooking at about 475, and it ends up perfect. I get my dough and ingredients from Lina's. It's not junk food, as we make vegetarian pizza (ex: pear and Gorgonzola) that is amazing.

Man I love pizza, make it once a week, and my toddler son helps make his own cheese pizza. Really fun experience.
I cook mine on the Bubba Keg (essentially the steel version of the BGE) and it's awesome. I made a deep dish on there a few years ago and I have been chasing the dragon ever since! Just not quite as amazing as the first one I made, but still so much better than any restaurant. I make my own dough and cook at 450 for 25-30 minutes. I cook normal pizzas at the same temperature but for closer to 7 mins.

I also cook pizza over the campfire at least a couple times a year. Just so good!!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: