View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 12:21 PM   #14
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
I think they'll suck in the regular season too! But I was fiddling around with the strategies for lines and I pumped Erik Johnson's pairing to almost all offence and he finished a -4.

For the old timers on here do you guys typically leave it all twos or change the numbers around? Does it make a big difference?
I spent a lot of time trying to manipulate the SIM to try and unlock it's mysteries. This is just my opinion and there are no facts to back it up

If you notice you can set your strategies for the line 1CK 2DF 2OF but there's also another setting for team play when up or down by X goals. How can there be two different strategies/ Why? my conclusion is that settings are attribute boosts?

Example
Base
Matthew Barzal is 56CK 63DF 75SC

Ballenced setting +1CK +2DF +2OF
Barzal - 57CK 65DF 77SC

Checking setting +5CK 0DF 0OF
Barzal - 61CK 63DF 75SC

Deffence 0CK +5DF 0OF
Barzal - 56CK 68DF 75SC

Offence setting 0CK 0DF +5OF
Barzal - 56CK 63DF 80SC

This is why you may not see a drastic result when setting 5DF, because even with a +5 Barzal is still only a 68DF. Yes it helps him a bit but compared to Lowery 86 with a +2. You'll never notice it directly as playing better defence

Its was the only logical reasoning I could come up with that could explain all the different setting. One of the greatest mistakes we make with SIM's is that we apply them with real how the game is played... they are just numbers and not overthinking it makes a lot more sense

So to answer the question above why someone would play a defenceman with 5OF. if you already have the top Defensive rating then having +2 to it doesn't improve you as much as maybe a +5 to his offence

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 09-21-2021 at 12:24 PM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: