View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #2
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
The smarthome discussions, the wireless thread, and my neighbor putting in cameras, etc got me thinking. I've been trying to research for some time, DIY home security using a smart hub (SmartThings, Wink), and components such as motion sensors, glass break sensors, window and door sensors, and cameras, giving you the ability to get smartphone alerts, and to check in real time. There's a seemingly unlimited amount of ways you can configure them, and almost all use the common languages like Zigbee and Z-Wave. The thing is, its hard to find any information on actual systems people have configured, or hardware people have used. I'm going to bite the bullet on components slowly, but I'm curious to know who else has gone down this path, what you've tried, products and deals that you've found.

Discuss?
Ring and Nest got into this space recently. Nest products while expensive tend to get good reviews. I have Ring cameras and think their packaged solution might be my next system after my current one kicks the bucket
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote